Tuesday, July 15, 2008

John Wyant Mon 7/14/08 and Tues 7/15/08

I woke up very sore but excited for the track events. I competed in shot put, discus, and softball throw. Discus was very hard for me as it is a new event for me, but I was very proud to be able to throw it 65 feet.



Shotput was more comfortable for me as it is very similar to the softball throw just alot heavier (16 pounds) My best throw was 23 feet.




The most fun about these events was there was alot of hanging around in between throws and it helped all the men from all the different teams bond. We all discussed our transplants, tips on how to throw and funny stories. I had the blessing of hanging out with 2 of the guys from team Oklahoma who beat us the night before in basketball. We had some good laughs about the game. They are great guys
and they had alot of respect for the fight team Wisconsin gave them the night before. In a way I am happy we lost to them. They told me that they lost in the next game to team Illinois and team Illinois was very violent and injured alot of Team Oklahoma's members. Im not into the violent thing and just happy we didn't have to deal with that negativity.



My final event for the day was the softball throw. This has always been my favorite singles event. I threw the ball for either 185 feet or 158 feet. This is where dyslexia is a good thing. So I will go with 185 feet until someone tells me otherwise ;)

Last night was also our team dinner. It was a great time for everyone to mingle and just wind down. The food was awesome and so is my new team!




Tuesday AM Volley ball.

My last event! All the events were fun and I am happy with everything I chose to compete in. But I will use this picture to show how I felt after all the physical activity of these games when I woke up this am ( a picture is worth a thousand words!)


Volleyball was just plain fun! It was the final event for all of us and we tried hard but didnt take it super seriously. We lost the first set and won the second. After we were done we played Team Wisconsin fans vs Team Wisconsin. That was fun. Dan and Kate really enjoyed getting a chance to play us. Coach Tom making the fan game haooen shows the spirit and fun that Team Wisconsin is all about.






Here is the only "medal round" that matters to me!



Bring on the closing ceremonies!!

No comments: